Business, government and community working together to enhance the vitality of the downtown for the benefit of the Dickinson community.
The mission of the Downtown Dickinson Association is to create a vibrant downtown through effective development, communication, promotion and education.
- Encourage more effective cooperation, communication and collaboration between downtown businesses, government entities and the Dickinson community on issues related to downtown.
- Develop opportunities for the promotion of the downtown through events and marketing.
- Advocate for the interests of the downtown business community.
- Serve as the lead organization for information, advocacy and discussion on issues related to downtown.
- Encourage development and revitalization activities downtown.
- Identify and prioritize current downtown issues relating to committee goals and develop solutions to those issues.
- Serve as an ongoing advisory group to the City of Dickinson regarding its downtown revitalization efforts.
- Educate downtown property owners about related issues and activities.
- Educate downtown property owners about available public programs intended to encourage the improvement of downtown properties.
- Identify potential marketing opportunities for the downtown.
- Identify partnerships and opportunities to facilitate events that promote the downtown.
- Identify and support potential multi-use development opportunities.